Complimentary bikes are available at Bearsden and easy rides start from the door on country lanes and quiet roads. One of our favourites is an easy 20-30 minute ride on sealed and dirt roads to picturesque Lake Hayes.
- Cruising to Walter Peak on the old steamboat “Earnslaw”
- Enjoying the many world-class Central Otago vineyards
- Strolling through the old gold mining town of Arrowtown and nearby Cromwell
- Playing golf on world class golf courses nearby
- Fishing for trout in the local rivers (guided or on your own)
- Hiking one of the iconic tracks in the Fiordland and Mt Aspiring National Parks or walking the many trails in the Queenstown Wakatipu Basin;
- Cycling any number of fabulous local trails horse trekking
- Enjoying the spectacular view from Gondola ride and the thrilling downhill Luge ride
- Experience some of the most beautiful and restaurants and bars in Queenstown, Arrowtown and surrounding areas
- Enjoy a world famous “Fergburger”
For the more adventurous, there is also:
- Scenic helicopter flights to iconic destinations such as Milford Sound and Mt Aspiring
- 4-Wheel adventures
- White water rafting
- Jet-boating on the Shotover or Kawarau rivers
- Bungy-jumping at the infamous Kawarau River bridge
- Downhill mountain biking at the Queenstown Bike Park
If snow is what you’re after, we’re lucky enough to be surrounded by some of the best resorts in New Zealand.
The Remarkables Ski Resort is a high altitude, sunny ski resort located just 35 minutes from Bearsden. The resort has something for everyone from beginner runs to the shutes off the Shadow Basin chair. A brand new café was build in 2015 and there is an “ice bar” half way up the mountain where you can get a cold drink and a great hot dog.
Coronet Peak Ski Resort is only a 20 minute drive from Bearsden and can be viewed from your room. It has dedicated beginner areas, great intermediate skiing, terrain parks, night skiing and stunning views. It’s where the locals ski!!
Cardrona Ski Resort is a relaxed and friendly ski area about 45 minutes from Bearsden, with open beginner trails, free ride terrain and world-class runs.
Treble Cone Ski Resort (or TC as it is known by the locals) is about an hour and a half drive. You will need to head through Wanaka. TC is the South Island’s largest ski and snowboard resort (550ha), featuring the longest vertical of all Wanaka and Queenstown ski fields.
Snow Farm is a dedicated freestyle terrain park and over 50 kms of cross-country scenic trails near Cardrona.
Queenstown Snowmobiles offers the only wilderness snowmobiling experience in New Zealand. Visit Website
Heliskiing - if that isn’t enough, escape the chairlift and hit the backcountry by helicopter. Visit Website