Bed & Breakfast
Bearsden is the ultimate relaxation retreat, located in a quiet country setting with all day sun. Renovated from an old South Island ’bach’ (holiday home), the original site was home to the Millers Flat church, which was relocated to Arrowtown in 1959. Recycled Kauri doors and wooden floors provide a cosy and warm country style home.
A choice of two bedrooms, each with own private ensuite, are located at opposite ends of the house.
The private guest lounge, with comfortable Italian leather couches, is the ideal environment in which to unwind after long days spent sightseeing, walking or skiing. In winter the lounge is warmed by a log burner and in summer bi-fold doors open out onto the deck to reveal the garden, outdoor fireplace and rural views up to Coronet Peak. Relax over a coffee or wine, listen to music and avail yourself of the extensive library. Or choose a DVD from our large collection and retire to the privacy of your own room for an early night and a good movie.
The five-person spa is available day or night for a relaxing soak with the most magnificent views. At night, with no street lighting or nearby houses, the spa is a great place to unwind and spot shooting stars or satellites. The spa is available from 9 am to 9 pm daily.
Please note that Bearsden is a smoke free zone inside and out. Bearsden is not suitable for children.
- Stay 3 nights and we will say ‘thanks’ with a local Pinot Noir and cheese platter
- Close to all major ski areas, golf courses and wineries
- 2 individual bedrooms with queen size beds, ensuites, TV/DVD
- Spa pool
- Complimentary mountain bikes, croquet and Boules
- Ski storage
- Private guest lounge
- Large selection of books, magazines, CDs and DVDs
- Outdoor fireplace
- Spacious gardens
- Off street parking
- Wireless internet
- Hot and cold breakfast choices including espresso coffee, regular and herbal teas
- Pure fresh chemical-free water
- Smoke free zone inside and out